My Path to Heart

In September of 2013 I embarked on a spiritual and personal development journey with Rev. Anthony Farmer--my brother, friend, mentor, and spiritual teacher. It was the third year he was offering his program, originally conceptualized as Way of the Mystic Heart. Circumstances were such that I wasn’t able to participate in the previous two years. I had no idea how I would manage to take part in the 2013-2014 version, but I spoke my desire and remained open to a miracle. The way opened up, and I gratefully embarked upon The Path to Heart.
According to its promotion material, The Path to Heart is designed to "awaken the wisdom and mysteries of the heart." It was a path that I KNEW I had to take, but I had no idea where it would take me. When I initially expressed interest, I was feeling excited--ready to skip down the path. Once I got the green light, while awaiting the process, my world, as I knew it, fell apart, and I fell to my knees. When I began the process, I was just crawling a bit, trying to stand up again. On 7/26/14 I culminated the journey with a Consecration Ceremony & Celebration, and I was flying!
Traveling the Path to Heart was not always easy. It was full of stops and starts. A sister traveler chose not to continue forward. My feet and limpy leg got tired. Obstacles appeared along the path. Storms blew up, obscuring the route. Through it all, I always had the knowing that I would reach my destination. As A Course in Miracles says, "My path is as certain as the path that the sun takes as it rises and sets every morning." Thankfully, I had an amazing, skilled, anointed, patient, loving, and humorous guide to lead me.
Focusing on my mind, body, and spirit every day took commitment. Exploring my heart took courage. We went deep--one of the reasons why each series of lessons/practices are called "heart-caves." Upon further reflection, I have come to appreciate the contradictions that came with going into the cave:
  1. Caves are dark--yet I experienced a grand illumination--I am shining brighter, and “seeing” more clearly.
  2. Caves are cold--yet I experienced a warming of my heart, a pervasive appreciation and compassion for all.
  3. Caves are underground--yet I experienced ascension to a summit--a high point--a vibration at a higher consciousness level.
So I am grateful for my journey along the Path, for the expansion of my heart, the abundance experienced, the transformation that occurred, for the lessons learned, blessings received, and help I received along the way.
I am excited and honored to be assisting with the next Path to Heart Journey, starting 9/20/14. If you are considering embarking along your own spiritual journey through this Path, check out the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ThePathtoHeart

Comments

Popular Posts